Friday 2 August 2013

Underground Press Research Help

Can you help Joe with his research? Get in touch with him if you can! Sadly we don't have any of these in the collection at the moment (although we would gratefully receive donations, as ever!)

Request for Help with Research

I’m a research student at the University of Salford looking for help with a project on the Greater Manchester underground press in the sixties and seventies. If anybody has any issues of Grass Eye, Mole Express, Free Press, or RAP (the Rochdale Alternative Paper) – or another paper you think I may have missed – I would love to hear from you. If you were involved with the underground press yourself, or knew anyone that was, please get in touch also. The underground press has been largely neglected by historians and what little work there is tends to concentrate on papers based in London. I’m hoping to redress the balance with a study of the scene in Manchester, Salford, and nearby areas.

Please drop me an email at j.a.darlington@edu.salford.ac.uk if you think you could help me out. Any assistance is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Joe Darlington

No comments:

Post a Comment